038 - Jesus Manifesto

Leonard Sweet and Frank Viola have written a new book on Jesus. Just Jesus. Not knowing about Him, or about going to church, or about Christianity, just Jesus. They walk the reader through a basic introduction of who Jesus is and a challenge to return to a relationship with Him. They ask their readers to turn away from religion to follow Jesus. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. Needless to say, this book is all about Jesus and how you can know him.

The book has one thing definitely going for it, the book is written about the one person who really matters. The subject matter is of the greatest priority. This isn’t a book about rearranging your socks or how to invest for retirement. Instead the topic is much more important. The subject matter is Jesus. One of the negatives of the book is that seems a little repetitious. They seem to cover the person of Jesus over and over without much variation in their writing.

I will close with this thought: the book was very readable. I flew through it in a couple days. The pages kept turning and soon enough I was at the end of the book. I’d recommend checking this book out for yourself though.

Also, I’m supposed to let you know that I was given a free review copy of the book, but that has nothing to do with whether or not I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment