115 - J.R.R. Tolkien

For several years I've loved Tolkien's writings.  I've read through the Lord of the Rings and really enjoyed reading books about his writing style, and his friendships within the Inklings.  When I got the opportunity to read a biography on the man, of course I jumped at the chance.  However, this biography seemed less complete than a couple others I've read.  It seemed to focus almost exclusively on Tolkien's faith as the key inspiration for his writing, and said nothing of his relationships with family and friends.  From the information I've gathered Tolkien's family and friends played a key role in inspiring his writing.

This book would make a great addition to any collection on Tolkien, however, I wouldn't recommend it as the only book you read on this great man.  His life is much too interesting for a single book.

No comments:

Post a Comment