049 - Life Application Bible Study - 1 & 2 Timothy / Titus

Recently I received and made my way through the Life Application Bible Studies – 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus. It took less than a day to work my way through the book. The book is divided into two sections, the first part is simply the NLT Life Application Study Bible for 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus. The second half is discussion questions for a small group setting. This book wasn’t exactly what I was expecting. I’m a huge fan of the Life Application brand, I own a study Bible as well as the entire New Testament commentary series. I was expecting a study tool that offered more depth than the commentaries. However, what I got was designed for small groups.

The book would make a poor addition to a scholar’s library, but a valuable asset to any small groups ministry. The book is designed to be the only tool needed for the study. Everyone who has their own book has spaces for their own answers to the questions, and everyone is using the same translation. It’s a great concept and I predict it will make the users want to go out and buy a Life Application Study Bible (since the notes offer great insights). If you’re looking for a commentary, don’t buy this book. But if you’re looking for a great Bible study for a small group on leadership, then pick this book up.

Also, I’m supposed to let you know that I was given a free review copy of the book, but that has nothing to do with whether or not I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment