058 - A Leader's Heart

I recently received A Leader's Heart by John Maxwell to review. I read through several days worth of devotional thoughts on several different occasions before offering this review. I thought the book was excellent. Perhaps I like it because of the manly look to it, or the manly illustrations, or the fact that it's a journal/devotional, or maybe just because John Maxwell is a great writer. Regardless, the book was excellent and I'd recommend picking it up for a man in your life that you love. It'd make a great gift this coming holiday season since it starts on January 1st and could serve as someone devotional for 2011. Maxwell makes his points clear and precise only taking up one page a day, with at least half of it being space for notes. The only drawback to this book is the 18.99 price tag. A little steep considering the fact that there’s lots of blank space for journaling.

Also, I’m supposed to let you know that I was given a free review copy of the book, but that has nothing to do with whether or not I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment