059 - Illegals

I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the book Illegals.  However, I have come to realize that just because Thomas Nelson publishes a book doesn't mean it's going to be Christian based.  In fact, this book is simply propaganda from the far right.  I thought the issue was poorly flushed out, the author decided to simply offer one side of the story rather than attempt to cover the topic from a balanced position.  What was worse was the fact that the book is so anti-immigrants that I wonder if the author or whoever approved this book at Thomas Nelson had ever read the Old Testament.  Needless to say I was disappointed in this book as a political book and as a Christian influenced book.  I would recommend picking it up if you like to get just one side of an argument or if you're already convinced that the religious right is a good thing.


Also, I’m supposed to let you know that I was given a free review copy of the book, but that has nothing to do with whether or not I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment