040 - Jesus Calling

The year long devotional by Sarah Young was an interesting read. I normally don’t use a devotional, but understand the value of one to many people. I used this devotional for a week just to see what it would be like. It was very interesting and Sarah goes about her topic in a unique way. Each devotional is written from Jesus to the reader. Each day’s devotional could be read in 45 seconds or less, and takes very little time to read through the additional 2-4 Scripture verses at the end of the devotional.

I would probably recommend this book for someone just getting started in devotional reading. In just a couple minutes a day you can have a short quiet time with God. It’s a great place to start. The packaging of the book is also very nice. Leather bound with a ribbon bookmark for keeping track of your place is really nice. The book would make an excellent gift and includes a place in the front to write to whom the book is given and who is giving it.

Also, I’m supposed to let you know that I was given a free review copy of the book, but that has nothing to do with whether or not I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment