045 - Saint Francis

It’s hard to write a bad biography over an incredible life. I spent the last couple days reading through Robert West’s biography on the life of Saint Francis. It was incredible. Actually I should say he was incredible. West does an excellent job of writing in a way that doesn’t distract from the main character, but merely highlights him even further. Saint Francis was an incredible man of God and West simply points out that fact time and again.

Normally I wouldn’t make such a big deal about it, but the way this book is bound and the texture of the cover was awesome. It’s smaller than a normal book, and has a rougher texture to the cover than normal books. I love it. I’m pretty picky about how a book looks and feels, but this one blew me away. Good work, Thomas Nelson.

Also, I’m supposed to let you know that I was given a free review copy of the book, but that has nothing to do with whether or not I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment