007 - The Testament

This story was inspirational in such a way as I did not expect from John Grisham. I have only read one other book by Grisham, but so far this one stands head and shoulders above it and the reputations of his additional ones. I was captivated by several elements. The opening chapter was one of the most exciting beginnings of a book I have ever encountered. Grisham had my heart from page one.

Additionally, I did not expect so many spiritual aspects in a John Grisham novel. I felt like I was reading a Christian novel, except it was really good. He tackles the issue of greed and pierces the hearts of his American readers.

Grisham does a great job of painting a picture of what the love of money can do to a person. His characters are highly developed and their financially destructive behaviors are portrayed brilliantly. Your stomach turns sick as you encounter the wastefulness of the rich in opposition to the hunger and disease of the poor. These irresponsible spenders are contrasted against the selfless Christian missionary. Worldviews and morals clash in this adventurous journey toward the eternal.



1 comment:

  1. Alot of his books are good- just not spiritual- but I often get a from the heart message out of his books.

    ReplyDelete