013 - A Million Miles in a Thousand Years

I recently received Donald Miller's new book in the mail. I had pre-ordered it and was waiting with great expectancy for it to arrive. Once it arrived it took me 2 days to finish. The book was that good. Miller often challenges the reader through subtle story to change their lives. This book is about creating your story and how to make it exciting and worth living. A book of stories about creating your story at first seemed odd, but as I read it the idea began to grow on me. The book is extremely well written and easy to read (like any good story). Miller gives the reader a look into his life meanwhile challenging them to examine how they live their own lives as well.

The idea of living our story out to the best of our ability was a new concept for me which was perhaps part of the reason why I enjoyed this book so much. Miller offers plenty of nuggets of wisdom throughout making this book a combination of a novel and instruction manuel. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a good page-turner. The stories really move the book along and the 250 pages seem to fly by. If you are looking for a good book, go get this one. It is well worth your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment