008 - Corporate Canaries

I found this book in a Christian bookstore several months ago and picked it up. I was genuinely surprised at how well the book was written. I’ve never heard of Gary Sutton, but he lets the reader know his credentials right off the get-go, sort of a “why should I be writing this book” list. His list is impressive and his insights are incredible.

The book is very unique look at leadership and management skills. Sutton takes a few pages to tell the reader a story from his grandfather’s life as a coal miner. He then draws conclusions for managers based on the life lessons his grandfather learned. The only drawback I can see is that I bought this book assuming that it would include something transferable to church leadership. However, most of the practical steps were designed for managers and higher-ups in companies, not necessarily the church. I would recommend this book to anyone seeking advice in the area of business or management.


No comments:

Post a Comment